Mr John Keating
MBBS FRCS FRACS
General, Colorectal and laparoscopic Surgeon
After 20 years of practice as a Colorectal and General Surgeon at Wellington Hospital, and ten years as a senior lecturer in Surgery at the Wellington School of Medicine, Mr Keating has moved to full time private practice at Southern Cross Specialist Centre and Bowen Gastroenterology (Colonoscopy only).
Title or Designation
General, Colorectal and Laparoscopic Surgeon
MB BS honours 1981 London; FRCS England 1986; FRACS 1994
Full NZ Registration Date
14 March 1991
Current membership of professional/other bodies
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member of the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member of the New Zealand Association of General Surgeons
- Member of the International Society of Gastrointestinal Hereditary Tumours (Insight)
Special Clinical Interests
- Colorectal Cancer
- Anorectal Disease
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
- Colonic Surgery
- Familial Bowel Cancer Syndromes
Mr. Keating trained in London, Auckland, Wellington and Sydney. He has a fellowship in General Surgery from both the Royal Australasian College and the English College of Surgeons.
Mr. Keating is a member of the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSSANZ). He completed the Australasian Fellowship in Colorectal surgery in 1996. He is a medical advisor to the New Zealand Familial Gastrointestinal Cancer Service in Wellington.